Riding an E-Bike has increased in popularly significantly over the last few years.
The pedal assist power makes bicycling easier, enabling the rider to go up hills more easily, ride longer distances, keep up with faster riders, use more frequently and for more purposes. All while having more fun!
1. Have more fun! E-bike riders have more fun as they can decide if they want to work more or less hard that day. They get to see more and experience more. Ever seen an E-bike rider fly up a hill past a road biker - that's a lot of fun! Lots of us are using our E-bikes to explore the trails in NWA all day long.
2. Keep up with faster riders! E-bikes are an amazing equalizer, as they allow the rider to use the additional power to keep up with others. This way, everyone gets to ride with with the energy output they want and all stay together! Few of the people any of us ride with, ride the same speed. The E-bike solves that.
3. Get in Better Shape! Everyone we know that's gotten an E-bike has gotten in better shape using one. That's because E-bike riders use their bikes more than those with standard bikes and are going on longer rides. If you're not feeling like riding hard that day, use more power assist. Since the pedal assist helps you get up hills, you'll have less recovery time after them, enabling you to ride farther.
4. Replace some of those car trips and save money! Want to commute to work or run errands with it, use more pedal assist for an easier ride. You're still getting exercise and not driving your car. No need to show up to work sweaty. You'll also feel more energized when you show for work. E-bikes are much more energy efficient than cars. There are physical, environmental and financial benefits. Add some racks and baskets and you can use it to run more errands.
5. Ride when it's windy! On a windy day (which we see often here) the wind can keep a lot of even the most avid riders home, as biking into a headwind is not any fun and slows you down considerably. When you're riding into a headwind with an E-bike, you can just increase the power and go the speed you want to go.
6. Get in shape faster and have more fun doing it! Riding a bike can be a lot of fun. The better shape you're in, the more fun it is. Whether you're riding for the first time in years, starting out the season or just haven't been on the bike in a few weeks, E-bikes enable the rider to get in shape, while still having fun. We see new riders use progressively less pedal assist as they ride more, and still keep up with faster riders.
7. Spend more time with others. Since E-bikes equalize riders, they enable people with different abilities to go on longer, faster rides together. This way everyone has a good time and gets the maximum amount of exercise. We've seen tons of husbands/wives where one is a more avid rider than the other, and now they get to spend more time together.